Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. Christopher Robin

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Care class training

It sounds like everyone is doing well with the training. It is kind of hard to watch them do the switching of his trach tube. I am sure he will get used to it. It is a pretty quick process because Blake is without oxygen while the tube is out.
Tired. I think that is how everyone is feeling. Becky and Chad are emotionally, mentally, and physically tired. Blake is also tired. He is having a pretty rough time stuck in his room. It is right by the door and every time he gets to sleep someone or some noise wakes him and he wants to see what is going on. I think he is tired of having those tubes down his nose, and not being able to do much. This morning is another swallow test. We hope and pray that this will go well. Otherwise they will not do another one for six weeks. This means he will most likely have to stay in SLC since Ely does not have the capability to deal with his feeding tube. (i think that is right) I know that Chad and Becky are so grateful for the prayers and for all that fasted yesterday on Blake's behalf. Thank you so much for your calls, comments, care, concern and support during this trial.


I think that everyone passed the care class. I have posted a video of Blake getting his trach tube changed. It is pretty hard for me to watch, but it must be so much harder to do. While the tube is out, Blake can't breath. It is hard to see the fear in his eyes. I hope that I have good news this afternoon about the swallow test.

No comments:

Post a Comment