Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. Christopher Robin

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Another Road Block To Ely

I just heard from Aaron that they are not able to get the equipment into Ely till Friday so that will keep Blake in SLC for the rest of the week. I guess that they are trying to get things worked out with the hospital to loan them the equipment so that they can at least take him to the room at the Ronald McDonald house. I don't have any other information right now.

Becky said the Blake is doing very well today. He has a new speaking valve and he is doing great with it. He even laughed once today. I am sure that it was such a great experience for them to be able to hear his voice! I just got a text so I am hoping for a call later with more info.
Mama
I just had a quick call from Becky. Everyone is doing well. Aleah was so excited when she got to see her brother last night.

Becky has now changed out Blake’s trach tube three times and is getting to be quite the pro. She changed his feeding tube herself today as well. She said that Blake had done really well with his voice tube. They were only going to do it for 10 minutes, but his numbers stayed up so they let him keep it in for a half hour. It will take some getting used to and let him have it in increments that increase until he is using it regularly. Becky said it was really nice to hear him try to say mama.

Chad and Aleah were able to go on a daddy daughter date to the aquarium today. It sounded like they had a good time. They are back at the room now for nap time.
I hope to get a video later of Blake while he has his voice tube in.

No comments:

Post a Comment